After the cancellation of the top-level summit in Pyongyang and the military drills between the US and South Korea, Washington executes their toughen stances because the deal negotiates with North Korea.
After a historic summit in June, between Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump, the political discussions resulted to work in Alliance towards the “Complete Denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.”
Kim Yong Chol, the vice chairman of North Korean ruling party send a letter in which US officials deemed to be a “belligerent” to the Mike Pompeo Secretary of Trump and he planned a trip to North Korea in last week.
Defence Secretary, Jim Mattis said on Tuesday, that any more suspension of military drills is planned by Pentagon.
Mattis told the reporters, “We took the step to suspend several of the largest military exercises as a good faith measure. We have no plans to suspend any more.”
But, according to Pompeo Washington will ready for engaging with North Korea issues.
The representative of Pompeo said, “ when it is clear that Chairman Kim stands ready to deliver on the commitments that he made at the Singapore summit to president Trump to completely denuclearize North Korea.”
Trump skipped this summer’s extreme Ulchi Freedom Guardian joint exercise with South Korea, following his summit with Kim.
Mattis told the Pentagons reporters, “ We are going to see how the negotiations go and then will calculate the future, how we go forward.”
US ambassador of united nations, Nikki Haley told an audience in a Washington think tank, “ Is it moving fast? No, but we never thought it would. We knew that this was going to be a slow, tough process.”